Flagler County is calling on residents to “Be the Model” for a social media initiative to stress the importance of covering up when going out in public – whether it is for work or for an essential activity like grocery shopping.
“We are emphasizing the importance when you go out – for the protection of yourself and others,” said Emergency Management Director Jonathan Lord. “We anticipate that there will be a phased in approach to reopening businesses and services, which increases the need for taking protective measures.”
Flagler County has a page on its website devoted to cloth face coverings. It includes information about CDC recommendations about when and how to wear them, how to make them, and local options to purchase them.
Masked selfies should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, and by doing so you agree to allow the County to publicly share the image.
“This is a fun way to share a potentially lifesaving message.” said County Administrator Jerry Cameron. “We look forward to seeing everyone all masked up.”
All residents and businesses must abide by Executive and Emergency Orders, and follow Florida Department of Health and CDC guidance, to include:
• Staying home except when engaged in essential services or activities
• Wearing cloth face coverings when out in public – more information about why to wear one and where to get one is available at on the COVID-19 page.
• Practicing aggressive social distancing at all times – people should keep a minimum of 6 feet of space between one another, and keep groups to less than 10, which includes while shopping and waiting in the check-out line
• Frequent hand washing for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based (at least 60% alcohol) hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available
• Avoiding close contact with people who are, or may be, sick
WRITE FOR US
Are you a writer? Do you have an interesting story to tell about Central Florida? Do you have some Good News you think people in our area Can Use? If so, go to our contact page and let us know. We may want to publish your story.
The owner of this website, Mid Florida Now, may receive compensation for recommendations made in reference to the products or services of this website. This compensation may be in the form of money, services or complimentary products and could exist without any action from a website visitor. Should you purchase a product or service that was recommended by this website, it is understood that some form of compensation might be made to the website owner. For example, if you click an affiliate link at this website and then make a purchase of the recommended product or service, the website owner may receive compensation.
Thank You For Visiting Mid Florida Now
Help Us Spread The Good News
SHARE THIS ARTICLE