Flagler County will reopen its libraries in Bunnell and Palm Coast on Monday, May 11, following the state’s Phase 1 guidelines with the addition of making cloth face coverings mandatory.
The main Palm Coast library will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, and on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Bunnell Branch will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday only.
“We are very excited to be able to reopen the library to our patrons with some limitations,” said Library Director Holly Albanese. “Everyone entering will be required to have a temperature check and wear facemasks. Use of hand sanitizer is strongly encouraged.”
Library capacity is as follows:
Maximum building capacity of Palm Coast is 500 @ 25% = 125
• Children’s room is 50 @ 25% = 12
• Teen Spot is 25 @ 25% = 6
• DCR room is 46 @ 25% = 11
• Main area including quiet reading room is 265 @ 25% = 66
• Meeting Room is 119 @ 25% = 30 (closed during phase 1)
Total allowed in Palm Coast during phase 1 = 125 – 30 = 95
Maximum building capacity of Bunnell is 50 @ 25% = 12
Due to the requirement of 25% capacity, all activity and seating internally (use of wireless, browsing for materials, photocopying, studying, etc.) will be strictly limited to no more than two hours per day.
“We encourage patrons to quickly find what they need and enjoy their books or other items from the comfort of their own home,” Albanese said.
Grow 50 Plants & Vegetables in Four Sq. Feet
Services include the following:
• Computer use will be limited to a strict time limit of one hour of use per patron per day.
• No interactive programs, games, puzzles, or use of our meeting room space will be allowed at this time.
Library staff will continue to make available via Facebook and YouTube online videos for story time,
crafts and computer related instruction.
• Wireless access will be available from the parking lot 24/7.
• Curbside service will continue.
• Use of virtual/online resources is highly encouraged.
• Passport service will be available by appointment only.
• No Interlibrary Loan service during phase one.
• No donations will be accepted at this time.
• The Library bookshop will be closed during Phase 1.
• Quiet reading room will be closed due to limited capacity.
Information about materials:
• Returned items will be quarantined for 24 hours prior to check-in and shelving or redistribution.
• Fines will be waived during Phase 1.
• Use of gloves when browsing is recommended. Staff will patrol every two hours for material that may have been removed from shelves by a patron. All items found will be put into quarantine for 24 hours.
“However, we cannot be responsible for a patron that looks at an item and places it back in its spot on the shelf,” Albanese said. “Please browse safely with your eyes and not with your hands.”
Source: Flagler County, Florida
The owner of this website, Mid Florida Now, may receive compensation for recommendations made in reference to the products or services of this website. This compensation may be in the form of money, services or complimentary products and could exist without any action from a website visitor. Should you purchase a product or service that was recommended by this website, it is understood that some form of compensation might be made to the website owner. For example, if you click an affiliate link at this website and then make a purchase of the recommended product or service, the website owner may receive compensation.
Thank You For Visiting Mid Florida Now
Help Us Spread The Good News
SHARE THIS ARTICLE