Small businesses in Brevard County that employ 25 or fewer workers can apply beginning Monday, July 20, for County-provided Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) kits funded through the federal Coronavirus Air, Relief and Economic Security (CARES Act).
The PPE kit distribution was approved by the Board of County Commissioners to support small businesses with supplies to reopen and sustain operations during the ongoing COVID-19 public health emergency.
PPE kits provided by the County will contain 200 procedure masks, 25 reusable cloth masks, 2 boxes of gloves and 2 bottles of hand sanitizer. Applications are available online beginning Monday at www.brevardfl.gov/BrevardCARES. Distribution of the PPE kits will be held from Monday, Aug. 3, through Friday, Aug. 7, at various locations in the county.
Small businesses eligible for the PPE kits must meet the following criteria:
• Must have 25 or fewer employees
• Must be located in Brevard County
Must operate within the following industry segments:
• Health Care
• Children services and youth camps
• Museums and historical sites
• Amusement and recreation centers
• Independent restaurants
• Barber Shops, beauty salons, nail salons, and personal care services
Once approved, businesses may choose from the following locations and times to pick up their PPE kit:
• Monday, Aug. 3: Titusville Library, 2121 South Hopkins Ave., Titusville, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Tuesday, Aug. 4: Central Brevard Library and Reference Center, 308 Forrest Ave., Cocoa, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Wednesday, Aug. 5: Cocoa Beach Library, 550 North Brevard Ave., Cocoa Beach, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Thursday, Aug. 6: Melbourne Library. 540 East Fee Ave., Melbourne, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Friday, Aug. 7: Brevard County’s warehouse, 7740 Technology Drive, West Melbourne, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
For more information, call (321) 350-9275.
Source: Brevard County
OUR LATEST STORIES…
As an Amazon Associate Mid Florida Now earns from qualifying purchases.
The owner of this website, Mid Florida Now, may receive compensation for recommendations made in reference to the products or services of this website. This compensation may be in the form of money, services or complimentary products and could exist without any action from a website visitor. Should you purchase a product or service that was recommended by this website, it is understood that some form of compensation might be made to the website owner. For example, if you click an affiliate link at this website and then make a purchase of the recommended product or service, the website owner may receive compensation.