The Daytona Beach Downtown Farmers’ Market is moving to its new home on Magnolia Avenue between Beach Street and Palmetto Avenue Saturday, Aug. 29. The move was approved during the Aug. 5 City Commission meeting. The market is also being rebranded as Market@Magnolia, and will continue operating from 7 a.m. to noon every Saturday. Parking is available behind Beach Street businesses and can be accessed from the side streets and Palmetto Avenue.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits continue to be accepted at the Farmers’ Market. Families can purchase fruits, vegetables, dairy products and more using their SNAP benefits
At the market, patrons must follow CDC guidelines and maintain a distance of six feet from others, point at items to purchase (rather than touch them) and wear masks as well as disposable gloves. For a list of items sold at the Farmer’s Market, visit https://riverfrontshopsofdaytona.com/farmers-market/.
The market is relocating for the following reasons:
- The Farmers’ Market vendors agree that it is a better location for their business.
- The location (Market@Magnolia) will create new opportunities for evening and weekend events.
- Downtown businesses will benefit from the closer proximity of Market customers.
- Magnolia Avenue offers more protection from heat and wind than the open parking lot at City Island.
- Events on City Island continue to increase, reducing available parking and sometimes closing the market.
- Customers will have plenty of parking both on the streets and in the parking lots behind Beach Street.
- The new location is closer to the VOTRAN bus stops.
Source: Daytona Beach News Release
OUR LATEST POSTS
The owner of this website, Mid Florida Now, may receive compensation for recommendations made in reference to the products or services of this website. This compensation may be in the form of money, services or complimentary products and could exist without any action from a website visitor. Should you purchase a product or service that was recommended by this website, it is understood that some form of compensation might be made to the website owner. For example, if you click an affiliate link at this website and then make a purchase of the recommended product or service, the website owner may receive compensation.